Schneider Electric, a global leader in energy management and automation, has announced the integration of Generative Artificial Intelligence (GenAI) into its operational framework and customer offerings. This strategic move, in collaboration with Microsoft, leverages Microsoft Azure OpenAI to innovate and enhance productivity and sustainability solutions.
The initiative has led to the development of several cutting-edge tools:
- Resource Advisor Copilot: Utilizing Microsoft Azure OpenAI’s Large Language Model technology, this tool acts as a digital assistant within Schneider Electric’s Resource Advisor platform. It offers advanced data analysis, decision support, and optimization capabilities.
- Jo-Chat GPT: An internal conversational assistant based on Microsoft Azure OpenAI Service, designed to securely harness Generative AI capabilities for employee use.
- Finance Advisor: A conversational assistant aiding financial analysts with accurate and efficient information retrieval, ensuring consistent and compliant decision-making.
- Knowledge Bot: A tool that assists customer care representatives in accessing precise information and formulating appropriate responses based on extensive internal documentation.
- Conversational Search: Enhancing product searchability for customers through a natural, conversational style using semantic search technology.
Additionally, Schneider Electric is exploring the integration of Github Copilot to refine its offer creation processes and Sales Copilot to support frontline staff.
“Generative AI is a game-changer and we are investing in this technology. It has already allowed us to enhance internal productivity, and it aligns perfectly with our commitment to continuous improvement and impactful innovation focused on sustainability.”Philippe Rambach, Chief AI Officer at Schneider Electric
The AI hub at Schneider Electric, established in 2021, has been pivotal in embracing GenAI, forming a dedicated core team to identify early application opportunities in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
This adoption of Generative AI and partnership with Microsoft Azure OpenAI reinforces the Schneider Electric position as a frontrunner in technological advancement within the energy management and industrial automation sectors. The collaboration is centered on harnessing advanced technologies to promote efficiency, foster innovation, and support sustainable growth.
“Microsoft Azure OpenAI allows Schneider to develop agile, scalable, cost-effective and AI-powered solutions which are in line with our shared ambitions for a sustainable and digitalized future.”Dominik Wee, Corporate Vice President of Manufacturing and Mobility at Microsoft