- Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division announces the call for startups to join the Third Sixth Sense cohort.
- The cohort will focus on addressing challenges related to manufacturing sustainability and digital reality.
- Startups with innovative technologies reducing CO2 emissions, eliminating waste, and optimising collaborative design are encouraged to apply.
- Up to three winners will be chosen from a demo day in December, gaining access to Hexagon’s resources for globalisation.
- The Third Sixth Sense cohort will focus on eco-design, materials utilisation, digital reality collaboration, analytics, AI, generative design, and NDT/NDE.
- Hexagon’s President highlights the importance of sustainable product design and increasing insight in the manufacturing sector.
Call for Startups to Join Third Sixth Sense Cohort
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division invites startups worldwide to apply for the Third Sixth Sense cohort. The cohort will focus on tackling challenges related to manufacturing sustainability and digital reality.
Application Details and Deadline
Startups with innovative technologies that reduce CO2 emissions, eliminate waste, and optimise collaborative design are encouraged to apply. The application deadline is September 6, 2023.
Selection Process and Cohort Benefits
The Sixth Sense team, program advisors, and judges will select around ten companies for the cohort. Selected companies will participate in a 10-week intensive session to refine their offerings using Hexagon’s market insights.
Up to three winners will be chosen from a demo day in December. The winners will receive access to Hexagon’s resources for globalisation, including potential funding, office space, and a full suite of products and services. They will also be showcased on Hexagon’s open digital reality platform for manufacturing, Nexus, connecting them to renowned companies.
Hexagon’s Commitment to Innovation and Sustainability
Hexagon, the leader in industrial software, launched Sixth Sense to nurture startups in the manufacturing industry. The program aims to drive innovation and the global shift to a sustainable way of operating.
Cohort Focus and Desired Diversity
The Third Sixth Sense cohort will focus on manufacturing sustainability and digital reality. Hexagon is committed to welcoming diverse founders from under-represented communities worldwide, based on gender, geography, and ethnicity.
Innovation Areas and Key Technologies
The third cohort’s innovation focus includes eco-design, materials utilisation, digital reality collaboration, analytics, AI, generative design, and Non-Destructive Tests (NDT)/Non-Destructive Examinations (NDE).
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence Leadership
Josh Weiss, President of Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division, emphasises the importance of sustainable product design and increasing makers’ insight in the manufacturing sector. Hexagon aims to lead the net-zero transition.
Milan Kocić, Head of Sixth Sense, expresses pride in welcoming innovators from around the world to address significant global challenges. Through previous cohorts, Hexagon has witnessed how startup innovation enables manufacturing leaders to tackle future challenges.
The selection criteria for Hexagon Sixth Sense include revenue of $3M or less, 1-5 years in existence, proven traction and product-market fit, propensity to scale, validation of investment from a third party, as well as IP and licenses. You can apply here.